End User Extended License Agreement
PART I – EXTENDED LICENSE
1. All Images by ANSHAR IMAGES are protected by United States and international copyright laws and treaties. ANSHAR IMAGES owns all rights, including the copyrights in and to the Images. ANSHAR IMAGES reserve all rights in and to the Images not expressly granted to you by the terms of this license. Your rights to use any Image are subject to this license agreement and are conditioned upon your payment to ANSHAR IMAGES for your use of the Images. If you fail to make any payment to ANSHAR IMAGES when due, or if any check is dishonoured or credit card charge refused or charged back, this image licence will instantaneously and automatically be revoked. Provided that you were not otherwise in breach of any of the terms hereof (or of the terms of any other agreement between you and ANSHAR IMAGES), you have the right to use the purchased Image, subject however, to the terms of this agreement.
2. By this Agreement, and in consideration of payment of the total agreed price, the sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, ANSHAR IMAGES grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, right to use and reproduce Images in the following ways, subject to the limitations set forth herein and in Part II hereof:
a) On web sites, provided that no Image is displayed at a resolution greater than 800 x 600 pixels;
b) As toolbar skins, screensavers and mobile phone “wallpaper” for your own personal, non-commercial use, not for resale, download or distribution;
c) As prints, posters (i.e. a hardcopy) and other reproductions for your own personal, non-commercial use and display, not for resale, download or distribution;
d) As a single hand painted reproduction (not as a printed reproduction) on canvas or other material to be used as decoration and not resold;
e) In coordination with opt-in email marketing. However, Images cannot be used in connection with unsolicited email – or linked from unsolicited email;
f) On letterhead and business cards, pamphlets, brochures, catalogs and on pop up and/or panel displays for use in conventions and trade shows;
g) In the artwork for the packaging of any product;
h) Incorporated into software as a background image or splash screen, provided that the Image or any digital files containing the Image cannot be unincorporated from the software and further;
i) In multimedia presentations and incorporated into film and video for television and/or internet broadcast, and theatrical display;
j) In multimedia presentations and incorporated into film and video for distribution and/or sale in the home video market;
k) As CD or DVD cover art and/or artwork;
l) As part of editorial or advertising copy in magazines, newspapers, books, book covers, textbooks, editorials and directories;
m) In eBooks, including multi seat license electronic textbooks;
n) As advertising posters for use in promoting the sale of other products (as opposed to promoting the sale of the prints, posters, etc. containing the Images);
3. In the event that you create a derivative work based on or incorporating one or more Images, all rights in and to such Images shall continue to be owned by ANSHAR IMAGES, subject to your rights to use such Image(s) pursuant to the terms and limitations set forth herein.
4. All rights in the Images not expressly granted herein are reserved by ANSHAR IMAGES for itself .
PART II – RESTRICTIONS – YOU MAY NOT:
5. Use an Image other than as specified in PART I.
6. Use or display any Image on websites or in connection with any service designed to sell or induce sales of “print on demand” products using or incorporating Image(s), including, by way of example only, postcards, mugs, t-shirts, posters, giclee prints, wallpaper, artwork and other items, this includes custom designed websites as well as sites such as Cafe Press (i.e. www.cafepress.com) or Zazzle (i.e. www.zazzle.com) etc. etc.
7. Use an Image together with pornographic, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or immoral content or in such a manner that it infringes upon any third party’s trademark or intellectual property rights.
8. Use an Image in a way that places any person depicted in the Image in a bad light or in a way that they may find offensive – this includes, but is not limited to, the use of Images: a) in pornography, “adult videos” or the like; b) in ads for tobacco products; c) in ads or promotional materials for adult entertainment clubs or similar venues, or for escort, dating or similar services; d) in connection with political endorsements; e) in advertisements or promotional materials for pharmaceutical or healthcare, herbal or medical products, including, but not limited to dietary supplements, digestive aids, herbal supplements, personal hygiene or birth control products; and f) uses that are defamatory, or contain otherwise unlawful, offensive or immoral content. You may not use an Image containing the likeness of a person if such use implies that the model engages in any immoral or illegal activity or suffers from a physical or mental infirmity, ailment or condition.
9. Resell, redistribute or transfer any Image except as specifically provided herein. Displaying any Image in any digital format or for any digital use at a resolution greater than 800 x 600 pixels, except in editorial or preliminary design work, will be deemed to be an attempt to redistribute the Image and could result in the termination of your rights under this agreement.
10. Share an Image by providing access to such Image on shared disk drives, computer networks, intranets of any nature or otherwise.
11. Use ANSHAR IMAGES Images in a manner that competes with ANSHAR IMAGES’s business. This includes, by way of illustration only and not by way of limitation, displaying Images in any format (including thumbnails) for download on a website, and/or offering ANSHAR IMAGES Images for sale or resale.
12. Withhold a credit attribution or fail to provide a copyright notice required by paragraph 26 of these TOS, except with an advance written waiver of that requirement from ANSHAR IMAGES in each instance. Each waiver issued by ANSHAR IMAGES will specify the Image name(s) or number(s) and the usage and is applicable only to the specified Image(s) and usage(s). Do not assume that you have or will receive a waiver for a proposed future use because you received a waiver in the past for a similar use.
13. Use an Image marked “Editorial Use Only” for commercial purposes. If an Image is marked, “Editorial Use Only”, additional permissions may be required for commercial use. ANSHAR IMAGES does not provide such permissions.
14. Use any Image (in whole or in part) as a trademark, service mark, logo, or other indication of origin, or as part thereof , or to otherwise endorse or imply the endorsement of any goods and/or services.
15. Use or display an Image in such a manner that gives the impression that the Image was created by you or a person other than the copyright holder of that Image.
16. Represent yourself as an agent, employee, designee, or affiliate of ANSHAR IMAGES for any purpose, including but not limited to the negotiation of any business, distribution, partnership, or development agreement.
17. Use automated programs, applets, bots or the like to access the ansharimages.com website or any content thereon for any purpose, including, by way of example only, downloading Images, indexing or caching the content of the website.
PART III – MISCELLANEOUS
18. ANSHAR IMAGES shall be under no obligation to refund your payment under any circumstances. However, in the event that ANSHAR IMAGES determines that you are entitled to a refund of all or part of your payment, such refund shall only be made to the PayPal account or Bank account originally used by you to purchase your image(s).
19. “Non-transferable” as used herein means that except as specifically provided in these TOS, you may not sell, rent, load, give, sublicense, or otherwise transfer to anyone, the Image or the right to use the Image. You may however, transfer Images to a third party for the sole purpose of causing such third party to produce and/or manufacture your goods incorporating Images subject to the terms and conditions herein. In addition, the work you produce with the Image must be used for yourself, your direct employer, client, or customer, who must be the end user of your work. You agree to take all commercially responsible steps to prevent third parties from duplicating any Image. If you become aware of any unauthorized duplication of any ANSHAR IMAGES Image(s) please notify ANSHAR IMAGES via email at mail [@] ansharimages [dot] com.
20. If you plan on using or do use Images as part of work for a client or customer, you must keep accurate and detailed records of the use of each Image. These records must include the name of the client or customer, the ANSHAR IMAGES Image name or number as well as the date or dates on which the Images were used. You shall deliver copies of such records to ANSHAR IMAGES at ANSHAR IMAGES’s request.
21. ANSHAR IMAGES warrants and represents that:
a) Unaltered Images do not and will not: (i) be defamatory or libellous; or (ii) be pornographic or obscene.
22. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, ANSHAR IMAGES shall not be liable for any damages, costs or losses arising as a result of modifications made to Images or the context in which the Images are used by you.
23. If you are unsure of your rights under this agreement, or if you wish to use an Image in a manner not expressly permitted under this Standard License agreement, please contact ANSHAR IMAGES via email at mail [@] ansharimages [dot] com.
24. If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of your employer or other entity, you warrant and represent that you have the full right and authority to do so. In the event that you do not have such authority, you agree that you will be personally liable to ANSHAR IMAGES for any breaches of the terms of this agreement.
25. Credit Attributions and Copyright Notices
a) Though ANSHAR IMAGES requires the following credit attributions and copyright notices, ANSHAR IMAGES may waive such requirements on a case by case basis. If you have any questions regarding credit attributions and copyright notices or to request that ANSHAR IMAGES grant you a waiver of such requirements, please contact ANSHAR IMAGES. No waiver of such requirements shall be effective unless confirmed in an email or other writing from ANSHAR IMAGES to you.
b) You shall accord credit and provide a copyright attribution to ANSHAR IMAGES in connection with the use of any Image in a book, magazine, e-zine or newspaper. Such credit and attribution shall be in substantially the following form:
“Image Copyright ANSHAR IMAGES”.
c) Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the Image is used in connection with merchandise, or a film, television broadcast, documentary or other video or multimedia projector presentation, you shall use reasonable commercial efforts to accord ANSHAR IMAGES a credit in substantially the following form:
“Image(s) used under license from ANSHAR IMAGES″.
d) All credits shall appear on the copyright page or in the copyright section of the work into which the Image is incorporated. If there is no copyright page or section, the notice and credit may be located anyplace on the work. In all cases the credit and attribution shall be of such size, colour and prominence so as to be clearly and easily readable by the unaided eye.
This EULA was last updated by ANSHAR IMAGES on October 16, 2013 at 11:44